ASIA

Monday, May 10, 2010

Hong Kong, CHINA - "All That Jazz"




























Continuing on with our backpacking trip (I use this term as loosely as Pam Anderson's morals) we arrive at the five star, Island Shangri La Hotel to meet my "God Sister" Courtney Lemmon. With a stellar voice, Courtney's back on the island for her second music contract, this time singing six nights a week at the Lobster Lounge. Hong Kong truly was our oyster, exploring the vibrant metropolis by day and come dusk front row seats to our favorite jazz singer. Life was great...maybe a little too great!

On a fine Monday evening we did our best to visit what would seem to be every club, bar and lounge on the island. This night had debauchery written all over it... Vodka and fur coats in a Russian freezer, champagne in a ping-pong club, Patron and a stripper pole, and martinis, oh so many martinis, while surrounded by 50 birds swinging in cages and a 100 models strutting around to the bumpin' music! But, what night would be complete without a little passionate romance? With my arms grasped around his neck, my hair swung over my shoulders, sweat dripping all over my body, the toilet and I became inseparable for the next 24 hours!

After a night of sashaying around town, it's safe to say my fling with alcohol is over! With a full day of rest, our socks pulled up, sun visors on, and our fanny packs loaded, it was time to do some serious sightseeing. The next two days we covered the horse races, the big Buddha, Repulse Beach, harbour fairy trips, many markets, and views from the Peak, the Bank of China town, the Intercontinental hotel. All of which were unmatched by the view of Courtney's bedroom on the 42nd floor of the Island Shangri La Hotel.

Courtney, we laughed, I cried, and we danced adorned with swimming goggles and hair donuts. I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was wonderful spending time together, we adore you. Thank you. I love you so much.

HK, to me you are a banana split. Delicious and tasty, but not great for my body. All in all, your international feel and endless energy has earned you a spot as one of our favorite cities.

Jade and Ken

1 comment:

  1. You two look like you are having an amazing time! More importantly Jade I wanna know how you managed to pack all these cute little outfits and shoes into your supposed "one backpack"????? Did you have someone ship your Louis Vuitton trunks???
    xo

    ReplyDelete